Hearing Aid Care and Maintenance
Cleaning and maintaining your hearing aid daily ensures it will function properly for the life of the hearing aid. We will instruct you on how to take care of your hearing aid. Some tools to help maintain your hearing aid will be provided during the hearing aid fitting, and at any time afterwards.
Steps you can take to care for your hearing aid include:
- Wiping the hearing aid daily to remove debris and earwax
- Removing earwax from the sound opening weekly, or more often if needed
- Brushing the microphone openings weekly
- Keeping moisture to a minimum - dehumidifiers can be purchased if needed
- Keep hearing aids stored in their hearing aid cases when not in use
- Remove batteries completely if hearing aids will not be worn for more than a day
Hearing aid batteries
Hearing aid batteries will typically need to be replaced every 4 to 12 days, depending on the hearing aid, your daily use of the hearing aid, and the degree of your hearing loss. Batteries should be stored in a dry location in their original packaging. The sticker on the back of the battery should not be removed until you are ready to put it into the hearing aid.